Thursday, January 19, 2017

President Barack Obama

Today is a sad day for the world as the last full day of the Presidency of Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Over the last 8 years I have graduated high school and college, and at 24 years old he has been president for a full third of my life. I have supported him through most of his Presidency, and have seen him make great changes for our country. He hasn't succeeded in all of his goals as President, but he has succeeded in health care which Democrats have been trying to get passed since President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. No matter what happens tomorrow, he will always be remembered for being a great man and a great president. When it comes to his work on gay rights, women's rights, and so many other social issues he stands out among Presidents for his good soul. I am grateful to live today in a country with an unemployment rate under 5%. I wish more of his proposals, such as expanding AMTRAK, and reducing college tuition had passed 6 and 7 years ago, but more than anything else I am glad as a disabled person that he fought for my right to have health care. No President is perfect, and there have certainly been times when I have wished you were more progressive, but all in all I think you did a fine job.

I love you President Obama, please stay in the public life, our country needs you. First Lady Michelle Obama, you are a brilliant lawyer with a heart as good as your husbands. I hope that you run for the Senate and continue your political legacy because it is obvious that you were heavily involved in helping your husband throughout these last 8 years make the right decisions through counsel. No person could ever face the bulk of challenges President Obama has faced alone. I believe our country needs you in office as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment