Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I've never been so glad I was so wrong

An important issue when it comes to social change is how to effectively make the change because it isn't enough to just have good intentions but no strategy to make your plan a reality and ensure it will come out with the ideal result. Good intentions without meaningful action don't put bread on the table and end injustices.

One issue I have been skeptical of until recently is how effective gender quotas are. I have focused on many other issues that I have never studied this issue as deeply as I want to. I have now done reading from www.quotaproject.org and others. Fortunately gender quotas are effective in increasing representation for women and this means we have been doing the right thing for the last few decades, which makes me very happy.

Interesting reading:
http://www.ifes.org/Content/Publications/Articles/2012/How-to-Increase-the-Effectiveness-of-Gender-Quotas.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment